We’re very excited to present an exclusive Guest Post courtesy of our new friend Danny over at TRNSCNDNT, a tasteful, review-less music blog and one of the only sites I’ll got to for fresh new tunes. As a 20 year-old college student out of Wisconsin (of all places), it seems that both PB&J™ and TRNSCNDNT have had similar upbringings stemming out of college – one thing’s for sure though, this guy loves sharing new and refreshing sounds with the world – and without any of the garbage…no chasers, just great music. Without further adeu, we’ll hand things over to Danny:
“Big thanks to PB&J for the chance to share this post. I started TRNSCNDNT earlier in 2012 and its really taken off since then. I’m very confident in my taste and hope that each and every reader will trust in my findings. Recently, I’ve been increasingly interested in the whole future garage/post-dubstep scene that’s been blowing up, especially over in Englad. I’m really excited to see where this movement takes us. Along with that, a lot of my content is focused on the electronic/hip-hop scene. But really I just post stuff that I like. I don’t really get the point of full music reviews. I could care less what someone has to write about a song: all that matters is that you like it. Here’s a handful of tracks that I’ve been diggin’ the last couple of weeks. If you like them, be sure to head over to TRNSCNDNT to hear some more great tunes!”
1. Fion – Notice You. Fion is a young, upcoming producer that has hopped on the whole future garage/bass train and really know how to do it well. Definitely a guy to keep your eye on.
2. The Dream – Shawty is Da Shit (Giraffage Remix). Giraffage has been on my radar ever since I heard his track Visible - the young San Fran producer has so much talent, check out his debut LP COMFORT if you have a chance!
3. Bailey – Run. This track was literally just released yesterday on Soundcloud. Bailey is another young UK producer that you’d better keep an eye on.
4. Flume – Warm Thoughts. The self-titled album from Australian producer Flume has been one of my most anticipated albums of 2012, and it definitely was worth the wait.
5. Maribou State – Scarlett Groove. This London-based duo may soon become one of the frontrunners of the whole UK bass scene. They’ve been pumping out quality tunes throughout all of 2012. There’s just something about this track that I love, it’s really unique.
6. Cashmere Cat – Mirror Maru. This track from the Norwegian producer is one of my favorite releases of the year. The Mirror Maru EP definitely breaks genre barriers and is worthy of your time.
7. Big Voyage – Only. One of the dudes that I’ve been supporting from the very beginning of TRNSCNDNT. I’ve always been telling people to pay attention to this guy, his tracks are so elaborate. He’s pretty funny on Twitter too you should follow him.
8. Husky – Thinking Forward. I like to think of myself as the first person to really introduce Husky to the whole blogospher. Another young guy that I heavily support is this 18-year-old producer out of Detroit. he’s been putting out new stuff consistently through his Soundcloud page so if you like what you hear, check him out!
Big Thanks to our homie over at TRNSCNDNT!